In a recent survey conducted by eXpd8, we found that only 11% of survey participants thought that their data was more secure on the cloud than a local server, when in fact the cloud is one of the most secure methods of storing data.
To put it simply, cloud computing is computing based on the internet. In the past people would run applications or programs from software downloaded on a physical computer or server in located in their building. Cloud computing allows people access to the same applications through the internet. In a recent survey conducted by eXpd8, we found that only 11% of survey participants thought that their data was more secure on the cloud than a local server, when in fact the cloud is one of the most secure methods of storing data. Losing valuable data or exposing sensitive or confidential information may be the most frightening thing that can happen to a law firm. Once customer trust is lost, bouncing back from that kind of disaster may prove costly and difficult, if not impossible. The eXpd8 Cloud with solutions from Microsoft, can help you and your firm to avoid these threats and help you to safeguard your practice, ensuring that your business remains secure and reliable. There are a number of other benefits that your business could gain from migrating to the eXpd8 Cloud. These benefits include:
- Reduced Costs – By moving to the cloud businesses can avoid large outlay costs on servers and other expensive local infrastructure as well as avoiding maintenance costs. Moving to the Cloud also means you only pay for the amount of users that you need, costs can expand and contract in line with your business needs.
- Data protection in line with EU regulation – All information stored on the eXpd8 Cloud is guaranteed to be, located in an accredited data centre within the EU.
- Automatic Software updates – The beauty of cloud computing is that the servers are off-premise, out of sight and out of mind. eXpd8, in conjunction with Microsoft, will take care of it for you and roll out regular software updates so that you do not have to worry about it, leaving you free to focus on your business.
- Flexibility – The eXpd8 Cloud can provide you with 24/7 access to your data on the go. The Cloud also allows for easy sharing of files between authorised members, ensuring that all people involved are up to date with the latest going on whether they are in the office or not.
- Security – The eXpd8 Cloud can provide your business with enterprise level data security, again ensuring that you are protected against evolving cyber security threats. As your data is stored in the cloud, you can access it not matter what happens to your local machine. You can even remotely wipe data from lost phones or tablets so information does not fall into the wrong hands.